Sep 15, 2017

STOP FUCKING CALLING ME. Please text. :-)

I've noticed a trend with people over the age of 40, and I am beginning to suspect my irritation stems from being a xennial/millenial... growing up analogue but adulting digital, I have adapted easily into the smartphone age.

Let me share my rant with you. Please feel free to comment on this! I'd like to know others opinions (and age groups...)



WTF is with people calling randomly? If you're not a telemarketer, get with the times. Recognize that smartphones aren't just a way to touch base, but are used as personal computers by most of the modern population. Your unexpected phone call can disrupt a conversation, a meeting, an email, a heated "text", reading the newspaper, a meditation, listening to the radio, you name it, your unannounced phone call is probably interrupting it. Please don't call me unless you text me first EVEN IF IT'S IMPORTANT. I can read and answer text quicker than I can answer a disruptive call anyways! K THANX BYE ~Millenials & Xennials.

I'd like to also comment that this rant stems from the fact that we no longer use telephones strictly as telephones. If I had a desktop computer strictly for emails and business, a pager strictly for text messages, a landline strictly for calls, if dating was not virtual and only ever getting to know someone over coffee, if I got the new from a newspaper, and entertainment from a TV, my music from a walkman or the radio, and if I only got a chance to visit friends walking down the street or shopping at the supermarket, then by all means call away! But my cellphone has replaced ALL of these things, so it's not just calling me anymore. It's potentially interrupting all of these. I don't want people to get pissed off at me or this comment, but come to recognize that this is the current reality, and these aren't going away but will be progressing. Until I can turn off the phone portion of my cell without losing accessibility of my other tools, I'll continue to ask that people text instead of calling.


No comments:

Post a Comment