Feb 13, 2005

Mexico Day 5

My groin aches from yesterdays horseride, and today there aren't any excursions.



So I decide to jump on the local bus for only 8 pesos, and take a ride to Bucerias. A little town thats closeby.



I looked out the window (while holding on for dear life) watching the crazy mexicans riding in the back of trucks, the military mexicans and their machine guns on the side of the road, and then bus driver opening the door to let a passanger jump out so he doesn't have to stop.



I arrived into the town shortly thereafter, travelling with a couple of older gentlemen whom I found to be quite amusing, and drunk. We decided to stick together, just in case I got lost... We hit all the shops in the flea market, where the vendors displayed all there mexican made crap on outdoor tables, and sent little children up to you to sell more crappy junk.



I bought a cowboy hat for 15$ (normal cost in calgary 42$) just because I'm from "cowtown" (GOD I HATE COUNTRY MUSIC oh well Damn I looked good) and a matching bikini for 10$.



I changed in a crab infested restaurant bathroom that you needed water in a bucket to flush the toilet.



Drinking 1$ cervesas, and eating gigantic shrimp, I finally caved in and bought a painted ceramic turtle from a little kid for about 5$, and got a free picture. He even shed a tear ;) how photogenic can you be?



So yea, All day in town, and several cervesas later, I stumbled back to the bus stop, and headed home.



Buffet dinner, watched the badly choreographed theatre preformance, and went to bed

No comments:

Post a Comment