May 1, 2007

Life in Sydney

This is Sydney - Helicopter shot of the harbour bridge and opera house

Wow I am so lazy I haven't been online to update you all!

The first thing I did in Sydney was a harbour cruise, where I took the below photo of myself and couldn't keep my hair out of my face. I also sat in pigeon poo, but didn't know about it.






Sydney was GREAT - my 2 week "test" period was good, interview was good, now all I have to do is pack and go.

So in the meantime, I'm packing up my Calgary home and making headway for BC, where I will set up my home base.

Then after that, I fly back to Australia to try things out for 2 months! Anyhow, I had a blast and the people there are very friendly. I'll post a bunch of photos.



This is the Sydney Harbour Bridge - at night. Yes, I have a good camera!



The above photos are from the Featherdale Wildlife Park and if that's spelled wrong I have no idea I'm sorry. I called it Willow Park and WeatherPark Zoo and so I could be mistaken... Anyhow, it's an interactive zoo just East of Sydney. I played with all the fuzzy wuzzies!

I took a scuba course at Pro Dive Coogee - ladies and gentlemen, don't go there. It was a waste of time and money. Sure, I'm certified now, (advanced) but I didn't actually learn anything and I don't feel that the "5 dives" actually taught me how to improve my bouyancy, or reacte to nitrogen narcosis (nor recognize it), I also didn't learn how to navigate under water and recognize natural environments. Even though that's what I was supposed to be doing. Also, the 5 dives were more like 4. And the course that was supposed to run until 3pm only ran until 11pm, both days. It was BARE MINIMUM. My instructor also informed a girl that was diving with us that he gets hammered every 2nd day and goes diving the next morning. But he doesn't get hungover, so that's ok.


So here I am diving in Manly's oceanarium, oblivious to the enormous sharks that were hanging out in the tank. They weren't as scary in person - just a little hungry, and I kept my arms close to my body just in case I accidently hit one of them and they decided to rip my arm off.
This cute little turtle just wanted kisses - then I found out he was hungry as well and that's what they do before they bite your nose off.